|1. By accessing and using the services and facilities provided on this website by the ORA, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions (the "Conditions") appearing herein which applying to your access and use. The Conditions may be amended or otherwise changed from time to time, and at any time by the ORA, and such amendments and/or changes shall form a part of the Conditions and be regarded as such. Amendments and/or changes will take effect immediately upon their being made by the ORA.
2. The ORA accepts no liability for the timeliness or the continued posting or publication of the Submitted Posting on this website or its conformity to what the Information Provider has provided or submitted for posted or published on this website. The ORA makes no warranty as to the truth and/or accuracy of the Submitted Posting and the information and material set out therein. In particular, any condition, warranty, representation or guarantee (of any nature whatsoever), whether express, or implied under common law, as to such information or material, or to any goods or chattels specified in the Submitted Posting, and in particular, as to its conformity to or suitability for any purpose or ability to perform to any expressed or implied standard or specification is expressly disclaimed by the ORA to the extent permitted by applicable law.
3. Not withstanding the provisions of clause 2 above, the Information Provider undertakes to the ORA that the information contained in the Submitted Posting
(a) is the sole responsibility of the Information Provider and is true, accurate, correctly, completely and fairly describes the subject matter therein;
(b)is not confidential or that the posting thereof is not in breach of any confidentiality undertaking or similar restrictions.
(c)does not, and will not, infringe the copyright or any other intellectual property rights of any individual or entity;
(d)does not contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(e)is not defamatory or libellous in any nature or otherwise injures or harms the character or goodwill of any individual or entity and the ORA and the ORA council disclaims all liability arising therefrom;
(f) does not cause, or is calculated, intended or has the effect of causing feelings of enmity, hatred, ill-will or hostility between any group of individuals or different religious groups;
(g)does not promote a political and/or religious cause or a cause of any political and/or religious party or group or excites or is calculated, intended or has the effect of exciting disaffection against any political and/or religious party or group or the President or the Government of Singapore; or
(h)is not of a nature that is threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable (all of which shall be determined in the sole discretion of the ORA).
The Information Provider further undertakes to the ORA that the Submitted Posting will not be in contravention of any applicable law.
4. The submission of the Submitted Posting, its posting or publication by the ORA on this website, shall not constitute a partnership between the Information Provider and the ORA or constitute either as agent of the other for any purpose whatever and neither shall have authority or power to bind the other or to contract in the name of or create liability against the other in any way or for any purpose save as expressly authorised in writing by the other from time to time. Any relationships arising or purported to arise from a Submitted Posting shall only be as between the Information Provider and the individual or entity concerned. The ORA is not, and shall not be, a party or beneficiary to any such relationship. The Information Provider shall indemnify the ORA for any liability, obligation, loss or damage arising from such relationship.
5. A user of this website that enters into any relationship with another user of this website (whether each such user is an Information Provider or otherwise), whether such relationship arises from the Submitted Posting or otherwise, agrees with the ORA that the user is at no time an agent or the principal of the ORA, is not in partnership with the ORA and that such relationship is entered into by the user as principal. The user shall indemnify the ORA for any liability, obligation, loss or damage arising from such relationship.
6. The Information Provider and every user of this website agrees that the ORA may, at any time and without prior notification, remove any Submitted Posting. In particular, and without prejudice to the rights and remedies of the ORA, a breach of any of the provisions of the Conditions will entitle the ORA to immediately remove the Submitted Posting on this website and the related Information Provider irrevocably and unconditionally agrees to indemnify the ORA in respect of any liability, obligation or damage arising as a result (whether direct or otherwise) thereof.
7. Each user of this website agrees with the ORA that where it discloses information (whether confidential or otherwise) through any mechanism, method or facility in this website, such disclosure is at its own risk and on the agreement and acknowledgement that the ORA accepts no liability for the improper use or misappropriation of such information. 8. In these Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires,
"Information Provider" means the individual or entity that has provided the information and/or materials for posting or publication on this website;
"Submitted Posting" means the information and/or materials that has been submitted by the Information Provider for posting or publication on this website ; and
"ORA" means the Old Rafflesians’ Association.
A reference to a “user” of this website is also a reference to a visitor to this website.